Wagin, Western Australia

A day trip to Wagin, a rural town in the Great Southern region of Western Australia. It is 225 km from the state capital Perth and is well regarded as a wheat and sheep producing region. It came into being in 1889 after construction of the Great Southern Railway and was originally named Wagin Lake. Each year (it beat the pandemic this year) Wagin hosts ‘Woolorama’, an agricultural show which is a major community event.


All images are geotagged and hyperlinked to open full screen. To view them on a map, save the image to your hard drive and then download this FREE SOFTWARE. Install and click on the image in the left panel to view in a map as to the location where it was taken.  (SAMPLE VIEW)


“Bart” The Giant Ram, Wetlands Park, Arthur Road, Wagin, Western Australia

Butterick’s Buildings, Tudhoe Street  c.1912

Post Office, Tudhoe Street

Palace Hotel, Tudhoe Street c.1905

Mitchell Hall Hotel, Tudhoe Street, c. 1895

Mitchell House, Tudor Street

Butterick Building, Tudor Street c.1905

Rotunda, Tudor Street

Galt Drinking Fountain, Tudor Street

This fountain was presented to the Municipality of Wagin in January 1929 by Alexander Galt, an immigrant Scotsman, who operated a hardware importer business in town. It is number 18 manufactured at Walter Macfarlane’s Saracen Foundry in Glasgow, Scotland.

National Australia Bank, Tudor Street

Courthouse, Tudor Street

Moran’s Wagin Hotel, Cnr Tudor and Tavistock Streets c.1900

“Ladies Rest.Room”, Tavistock Street

Rear Garden, Cresswell’s Emporium, Tudor Street

Town Hall, Tudor Street

Wagin District Club, Tavistock Street

Loading Doors, Heritage Building, Tavistock Street

14 Tavistock Street

Rusting Dodge, Tavistock Street

Uniting Church, Ranford Street

Wagin Argus, Cnr Ranford and Tavistock Streets

‘Crumbling’, Wesley Hall, Tavistock Street

Fence Line, Tavistock Street

Street Sign, Tavistock Street

Note the Ram logo – on every street sign in town

St George’s Anglican Church, Lukin Street

St George’s Hall, Cnr Trenton & Tarbet Streets

Council Gardens, Arthur Road

Wetlands Park, Arthur Road

Country Cottage, Trenton Street

Old Industrial Building Windows, Tarbet Street

Masonic Hall, Tarbet Street c.1907

Wheel Rim, Beaurepaires, Tudhoe Street

Community Centre, Tudhoe Street

Originally built for the Union Bank in 1927 and once occupied by Elder Smith & Co. Now a community centre and utilised also by the local RSL.

Street Mural, Trent Street

Wagin Road Board, Trent Street c.1912

“Rustic Furniture”, 76 Tudhoe Street

Derelict Rural Buildings, Great Southern Highway (…and goat)

Railway Tracks

Graffitied Railway Rolling Stock, Great Southern Highway


Leave a comment